Thursday, May 12, 2016

another sweet dream



A couple days ago, Peter asked if I had Karen's current address & phone number, as well as Mike & Kerry's phone number in their relatively new digs.  If Mim had been alive, she would have had all of them.  Mim was the touch stone of our family, connecting to each of us.  Without her, we are rudderless.

And without the info Peter requested.  Asked Karen for an update of all the Aussie side of the clan;  hoping to hear back soon.  But I have never had an address or phone # for either of Peter's children.  Don't have Scott's.  And I wouldn't feel okey-dokey asking for them - sort of not done.  

BUT last night had a wonderful dream that built off of Peter's request in a lovely, affirming way.  Mom was gone, but Mim was still with us.  And Peter & Mim & I were all in comfortable contact with each other & about to reach out to Mike & Kerry.  We weren't close, but we were all talking to the others.  

At the end of the dream, right before I woke up at 5:23 a.m., John & I marveled that we were all in healthy, caring contact with each other.  Not close or good buddies, but present & listening.  The thought that occurred to the dream-state me, thought but unspoken, was, "Mom would have been amazed by this.  It is astonishing what can happen when you let people be genuinely visible, without judgement."

Pretty good principle to live by, but not always possible.  Some people won't let themselves be visible, because they judge themselves.  Which is sad, but has never, will never keep me from doing my best to see their whole self through loving eyes.  

Definitely another sweet dream.  Bring on the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment