Tuesday, August 12, 2014

alternate realities

Okay, that "black hole rather than blazing sun" scenario - that's how I view my sister-to-sister dynamic.  What Mim recalls is sure to be a far different story.

Which is really what's it all about, Alfie.  Stories.  I tell you my experience, Mim tells hers.  Mom Peter Michael Ian Dad Kerry Whitney Reynolds Scott Karen Pam - all would have a different take from everyone else.  And they would all believe their version, utterly completely forever.

Unless they are the sort of person who holds reality lightly in their hands, as (if you ask me) is the sanest way to view life.  

My challenge is that I've always longed to hear my sibs view of our presumably shared family experience.  They won't.  And the reasons they won't usually (always?) revolve around my response to what they might say.  Because they don't trust me, they keep mum.  

For years & years, their steadfast silence kept me silent, too.  How could I speak out, it they weren't going to balance my view with theirs?  

How dumb was that?  They can write their own blogs, with their own truth.  Or they can write a totally untouched guest post on this one.  

But this blog is about my truth, a truth that I seriously do my best to hold as lightly in my hand as possible without refuting it.

So many families think THEIR dynamics are the worst ever seen in this or any other time.  The more I hear, the more this is clearly NOT the case.  My family had a truly funky approach to a lot of things, but I've heard so much worse about other messed up families.  In fact, it feels like my own family was at least pretty darn interesting, if more than a little challenged.  

Going to look at a bunch of personal experiences & even some stories handed down to me, primarily by Mom, who hadn't a clue they were in the least bit  revealing.  

My stay at Omega Institute got me mulling over how we'd all be helped if instead of silently holding them close to broken hearts, sure their peculiar family dynamics were the worst of this or any other time, we opened up about ,messed up experiences, inviting everyone to jump into the cauldron.  

Maybe broken-ness is part of what we're supposed to experience, maybe it's all part of the mish mash we're meant to ultimately make sense of for ourselves, not others.

Is it possible that truths seen by Me John Mim Mom Dad Peter Pam Mike Kerry Scott Karen Whitney Reynolds et al are ALL genuine?  Or NONE are?  

For myself, I stand by my whimsy - okay, by Lord Pete Wimsey, who commented, "'Truth, they say, was nobody's daughter; She took off her clothes and fell into the water."  That piffle is about as good a commentary on the whatever passes for truth as we're ever going to find.  In the end, it's all piffle.

So, read what I write or don't.  If my sibs have alternate realities to share, let 'em scribble away.  Here's where you'll find my whack at things seen heard experienced in a plethora of cuckoos' nests.

No comments:

Post a Comment