Thursday, July 9, 2015

sanctuary

What relief to have come to March's realization about Mim - to realize the deeply spiritual nature of people's response to her - before her death this past Friday.  The Pastor's Office requested a photo of Mim to share on their Facebook Page.  I found one of Mim & Peggy, our cousin beaming at Mim with the very sense I'd described in the blog posting. If I hadn't already seen that, shared that, it might have felt wrenching seeing it in the photo.

When I started writing this blog, it was as a valve, a place to share what I experienced with my family in a safe setting.  Where I could share the secrets of my home, at least as I'd experienced them.

It is particularly challenging right now, sharing so many wonderful, real aspects of my sister & her life.  You're not supposed to speak ill of the dead, but it feels wrong to not speak honestly.  Last night, talking to Peter on the phone, it became clear that if I am going to do what calls to be done it's going to be essential that I have a place to work for balance.  This place is my sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment