Tuesday, October 14, 2014

She still has her voice

No idea why my sister is living where she, as she is, for whatever reasons she is.  But am thinking that she has the time & the mind & the ability to write.  To write a book.  To write about whatever moves her.  To write persuasively, in the ways she's always had of capturing people's attention & moving their hearts.  That is no small gift.  And Mim's always had it.

She could take this time & all that she is & write.  Not just for herself, but for all of us.  She has it in her.  Will she let it out?  Will she allow the rest of us to share life through her eyes?  It would be epic.  But only if she writes.

My experience of my sister is of a remarkable voice that could world-moving.  There are many reasons for her to stay silent, to know all that she could write & choose not to.  I understand that.  And there is maybe only one reason why she should.  Because it's her voice & it deserves to be heard.

Am envisioning Mim dying & someone finding her journals & being blown away by all she's written.  Or maybe, if she does journal, she'd have them burned.  

The image of my sister writing has seized my mind - will take her with me, in spirit, to Rowe this weekend, to Nancy Aronie Slonim's workshop, Writing from the Heart.   Because I'll be connecting to my own stories, to my own voice, to my own everything.  Sharing the vibe with her, not held down by old restrictions & constrictions, but celebrating & releasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment